I use vintage patterns, some of which belonged to my grandmother, with today's fabrics and yarns. I take vintage needlework magazines and work from the patterns in them. The magazines date from 1912 through to the fifties, and I try and use the patterns from them as they would have been originally used. Sometimes I will adapt them and make something else. I prefer to specialize with the thirties and forties patterns and occasionally dip my toe into the fifties.

When I feel the need to bring things up to date, sometimes adapting the original vintage patterns. I also design my own patterns so you can make lovely items too.


Saturday 4 January 2014

1940's Style Brooches

Just listed these in my shop.
(All postage is free throughout January)







4 comments:

  1. Hello Julie, how pretty are these! They make me think of springtime & sunshine.
    Barbara
    http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely brooches! The anemones are divine!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful posies and so much work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I read them every single one!